Tuesday, May 11, 2010

too cool for school

Remember school music class and recitals in the gym? Most of my memories involve playing hot cross buns on the recorder and wearing oversized tshirts printed wth the school logo. I did actually belong to the school choir for 2 years; singing in the gym at lunch hour was way better then trying to navigate bullshit on the playground. I think maybe if I had been given the chance to sing some beyonce (what would have been the equivilant at the time?) my life would be very different. The closest thing I can remember is Obla Di Olba Da; off key in the worst of ways.

Rcently I was introduced to the PS22 Chorus and I can't believe I've been missing out for so long!
Sometimes you don't know what you've been missing until you find it.

I'll admit it, I am a huge sucker for this kind of stuff, to the highest degree.
Something about those tiny soulfully singing faces..... how bad can shit be when you have a bunch of grade 5 telling you to keep on beleivin'?
Im totally addicted to watching all of these right now, thanks to Monique!










1 comment:

  1. a. these are amazing.
    b. i love the bjork one, it's arranged so well and that tiny grade three singing the super high note, oh my dear.
    c. this is not to ruin this for you, but can you spot the 'mean girl' in the group? because i spotted her right away, and she has at least one minion.

    ReplyDelete